Hi friends!
Playing along with this FRESHLY MADE SKETCHES challenge (ends 8/24)
I took a pretty literal approach to Cecile’s new sketch because this kite set came to mind right away - I’m thrilled to get it out for its first of many outings!
SOME DETAILS
I stamped the kite on four colors of card stock and heat embossed them in white. I cut each kite at the dividing lines as shown and pieced them together.
While I was die cutting the colored card stock I also cut a few pieces from white heavyweight scrap to give the final kite some height. I cut the cross piece from brown card stock and glued it over the seams.
Sentiment was heat embossed in white on the same brown card stock and foam tape mounted over the kite.
Kite string was glued down at intervals to get a floaty feel.
*TIP*
If you want twine to trail as naturally as possible let it find its own comfort zone - if it’s been wound up for awhile it won’t pay to try to go against the natural bent.
SUPPLIES
kite stamp and dies - Sizzix #663196
sentiment stamp - Creative Worship Stamps #SNS-16-001 Be Encouraged
cloud die - Stampin’ Up! Sunshine & Rainbows
Thanks for stopping in today!





No comments:
Post a Comment