Hi friends, and welcome back to my newest ALPHABET CHALLENGE DT card!
The theme this go-around is I is for Insects. You have two whole weeks to play along, and you can enter up to three times any handcrafted items featuring the current theme.
I thought I could really bring these older images to life by coloring the flowers in with white ink on kraft brown card stock. And these ladybugs got a more lifelike feel by applying a shiny glaze medium to the bodies and iridescent glitter glue to the wings.
PROCESS
To start: The rough-edge rectangle was die cut from kraft card stock. I stamped the flowers in black Versafine ink and embossed them with clear fine detail powder. It was necessary to mask off the image wording with a Post-it for this look.
The flower stems were colored in with a green alcohol marker, and the flower blooms (what felt like a million of them!) were filled in with a white gel pen.
Ladybugs were stamped in black Memento ink and colored in with a red alcohol marker. I applied glossy accents over the red and filled the wings in with glitter glue. Then the dreaded fussy cutting had to be done LOL A few were raised a bit with foam tape.
The word Happy was die cut four times from textured card stock, and stacked, before adhering to the card as shown. The word Day is from a pre-printed sentiment strip.
To finish: For the stem accent I covered a piece of heavy card stock in strong double-stick adhesive, and wrapped fine twine around it. I made the bow separately and glued it on, and added the striped ribbon for extra color.
Flat back rhinestones were applied all around the sentiment.
*TIP OF THE DAY*
This kind of detailed coloring works much better if you heat emboss your main image - it provides a raised edge and channels to help guide the pen tip.
SUPPLIES
flower stamp - PSX #K-2048
ladybugs stamp - Inkadinkado #8800-M
rough edge rectangular die - Penny Black Antique Frame #51-397
happy die - Momenta #32265 R8
day word strip - preprinted
white gel pen
alcohol markers
Ranger Glossy Accents
Stickles Icicle glitter glue
flat back crystal gems
twine and striped ribbon
Thanks for stopping in today, and I can’t wait to see what you create!






No comments:
Post a Comment