Hi friends!
Playing along with this fun sketch by Michelle over at the
(ends 7/26)
…and this SUYP Cats Only - Summer/or Anything Goes - challenge (ends 7/31)
..,and this CRAFT ROCKET challenge
#138 Animals (ends 7/29)
…and this AS YOU LIKE IT Favorite Pet challenge (ends 7/29)
Love all house pets, but cats would have to be it - the more ridiculous the better. As long as they’re also loving and loyal.
So I’ve had these sets of mini cat stamps from Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers a lonnnnng time. I don’t know if anyone remembers, but they had the most amazing catalogs and artwork, and super-creative images even for those times, which were a period of real individuality in the stamping world.
THE PROCESS
First steps: I die cut the postage panels first, then used some black Versafine ink to stamp a different cat on each one.
Next, I lined up the edges of the “stamps” and used assorted inks and shapes to stamp a colorful background.
I heat embossed the sentiment on a textured orange panel using Versamark and white detail embossing powder.
To finish: I layered a piece of kraft card stock on a white card base, backed the postage panels with black card stock and layered those on as shown. The sentiment strip was mounted on a couple scraps of heavyweight white card stock and adhered in the center.
SUPPLIES
cat stamps - Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers Art Parts Cats #1 & 2 sets
sentiment stamp - SonLight Impressions #WS 872-C
splotch stamp - JudiKins #3106 D
small dots circle - unmarked thick peg stamp
all other circles, etc - Hero Arts assorted
postage dies - Waffleflower Nesting Postages
black, white & kraft card stock
Versafine Onyx Black ink pad
Versamark ink pad
Catherine Pooler Party Collection minis set
white detail embossing powder
Thanks for stopping in today!






3 comments:
So fun, I love it! I love the bright bold greens and oranges, it is super vibrant and pops off the page. Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).
Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca
What a super fun card! Love all the kitties and how you thoughtfully added the bits of color. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
sue n.
What a sweet card. Cat lovers would cherish it. Love the stamps that you used and the mash of colour. well done!
Post a Comment