Search This Blog

Pages

July 26, 2026

SWEET BEE TRIO


Hi friends!


Playing along with this very cool sketch by Jen M for FRESHLY MADE SKETCHES challenge  
(ends 7/27)


I kept seeing one of these sweet little bees used on a sample card in my nearest papercraft supply store, and finally inquired.  A customer overheard my question and generously searched the web, figuring the source out in no time.  But my heart fell a bit at hearing it was a monthly kit item, and from years back 😭 
After buying a few of my newest treasures in-store, I got in the car, held my breath, and searched for the set online.  I was determined to buy the stamps with the dies, and the only set preowned and available, was listed for more than a few pretty pennies!  But I was grateful to find it at all, and I don’t have any buyer’s remorse. The seller sent it fast and it was just as I had imagined.  I can’t wait to make many more cards with it…

 


THE PROCESS

First steps: I cut the honeycomb from yellow glitter card stock, then used the same circle die to cut a solid yellow card stock circle to back it. After gluing these pieces together, I backed them with a white card stock circle for stability, and to give the back view of the card uniformity. The excess honeycomb scrap from the glitter card stock was glued along the bottom edge as shown. 

*TIP of the Day*
The easiest way to get even spacing when using up die cut scraps is to lay down a die cut piece and while gluing, just rest the desired scraps in the spaces they came from. Use the glue sparingly and remove the die cut pattern as soon as possible to avoid gluing it to your project accidentally - ask me how I know 😂

All the bees were stamped, colored with alcohol markers and die cut.  The wings were dabbed with glitter glue. 

To finish: I used some Distress Peacock Feathers ink to lightly shade the top of the card front. I used the black ink to stamp the sentiment. 

The stacked circles and bees were adhered as shown.  Some of the wings have small foam dots underneath. 

A few black enamel dots were applied to help ‘round out’ the scene 😁




THE SUPPLIES

bee stamps and dies - Hero Arts January 2021 monthly kit
sentiment stamp -  “    “
honeycomb die -  “     “
circle die - Spellbinders Nestibilities
black ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
blue ink - Distress Peacock Feathers
alcohol ink markers
black enamel dots - Altenew
glitter glue - Stickles Frosted Lace
yellow glitter cardstock - Hero Arts January 2021 monthly kit




Thanks for stopping in today!

No comments: