Hi friends!
Playing along with this COLOR HUES challenge (ends 7/29)
and this FRESHLY MADE SKETCHES challenge (ends 7/20)
I really love the look of a square card but almost never make them. Something about putting a square card in a rectangular envelope hurts my brain (see Monk ‘Secret Santa’ episode. You’ll thank me later 😂)
THE PROCESS
I die cut two different size nesting squares at the same time on shiny black card stock to get a narrow frame.
I also die cut the smaller square from a large heavy weight cardstock (in a color I hate and will never use up otherwise!) to use as the template to color in the center. This was done by using a blender brush and a red ink pad.
I mounted the frame on heavy weight card stock strips and glued it centered on the red as shown.
*TIP of the Day*
When attaching anything paper-related directly to embossed panels, I’ve found it works best to use strips of heavy weight card stock vs. foam as the dimensional - it will be less likely to conform to the ridges of embossing. It’s a pesky nuisance when the layered elements all follow the contours accidentally.
I used a black Versafine ink and clear detail embossing powder for the sentiment to refer back to the shine of the frame. Very pleasantly visually textured in person.
To finish: I used the rub-on sheet to transfer a butterfly to white card stock, which I fussy cut and mounted as shown. Solid shiny white sequins highlight the sentiment in a demure fashion 😁
SUPPLIES
sentiment stamp - Anna Griffin
butterfly rub-on - Brea Reese Press %& Design Butterflies
square dies - Spellbinders Nestibilities Classic Squares
embossing folder - Altenew Rose Bellevue3D
red ink pad - Stampin’ Up! Ruby Red
black ink pad - Versafine Onyx Black
solid sequins - Gina K Clear Quartz
clear detail embossing powder
gold metallic, red & glossy black card stock
Thanks for stopping in today!







2 comments:
What a beauty, Nancy! The close up of the rose and your coloring of the butterfly makes this so stunning! Thanks for joining this week's Freshly Made Sketches!
This is stunning, and I enjoyed reading about the process you used in creating it. The beautiful rose is complemented by the addition of the gorgeous butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!
Post a Comment