Search This Blog

Pages

July 24, 2026

ALPHABET CHALLENGE - G is for GAMES

 

Hi friends, and welcome back to my current Alphabet Challenge card!
The letter and theme this go-around is 
G is for GAMES




I’ve chosen this fun Bingo embossing folder as my “game” jumping off point, and combined it with the classic rhyme for double interest. I had to go look up the origins of the song just for fun, and did you know - in various versions it dates all the way back to 1780?! Because of this I really wanted to give the card a vintage feel, and give my white pup some contrast. 




THE PROCESS

 I started out by ink blending a cream color card stock panel with brown ink. This was run through with the Bingo embossing folder and trimmed to fit on a green card front. I used a circle stamp to loosely highlight some number squares in blue ink. 




I made some kerchief patterned paper by blending a few shades of red ink as shown onto white card stock, stamping some Western-style stamps in black, and then highlighting the designs with a white gel pen. Here’s a sample partially highlighted:




 I ran a strip of the kerchief paper through with the top of the embossing folder, and fussy cut the Bingo letters out so I could glue them onto the brown panel. The word quote was computer generated, mounted on heavy weight card stock, and die cut. Music notes were stamped in black and fussy cut. The dog was colored in with alcohol markers and fussy cut.  A tongue was added in pink card stock, and I free-hand cut a kerchief for him to wear. The silver rhinestone star was mounted over the boring embossed one 😁




SUPPLIES

dog stamp - Rare Image Rubber Stamps
Western style stamps - assorted Stampin’ Up! sets: Baroque Motifs & Priceless
circle stamp - Hero Arts Quattros Box of Dots #LL890
music notes stamps - unknown
word bubble die - Cuttlebug Planner Embellishments
embossing folder - Sizzix
white gel pen
Distress inks
alcohol markers
flat back rhinestone star gem




Thanks for stopping in today!
Really can’t wait to see what you create to share with us at the Alphabet Challenge!!

No comments: