Search This Blog

Pages

January 08, 2022

WARM SNOWMAN WISHES

Hello and happy January!

I've been making some winter-related cards that I am excited to share with you this month!


TECHNIQUES

stenciling (sky)
alcohol markers (snowman and bird)
heat embossing (sentiment)*
die cutting (border)
white gel pen (eyes, nose, buttons, bird)
masking (snowman and bird to stencil the sky)

* I've been really loving using my stamp positioner to stamp sentiments once in colored ink, and then again with Versamark and then embossing with clear detail powder so that I can emboss in any colors!




SUPPLIES

snowman  and bird clear stamps - Stampendous Jumbo Snowman  #SSC1009
sentiment clear stamp - Walmart Holiday Cheer  #47623
die - My Favorite Things Dienamics Wonky Stitch Rectangles  #0839
inks - Stampin' Up! Poppy Parade, Distress Ink Stormy Sky, Versamark
alcohol markers - Copics
stencil - Chalktalk





Sharing my card with the following challenge blogs:

#285 JANUARY  (ends 1/31).

#593 Week 1 - Stamp Act  (ends 1/12).

Handmade Background Focal  (ends 1/18).

Anything Stamped with Option of Wings  (ends 2/2).

January Winter Mood Board  (ends 1/25).



Thanks so much for visiting with me here today!







 

9 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A super cute and fun scene with that big snowman and bird! Love the soft background!
Thanks so much for sharing ate We Love Stamping challenge!

brenda said...

He's a lovely focal Snowman Nancy although I think from your post he is stencilled, we are a stamping challenge at We Love Stamping, but lovely to see your card.

B x

Glenda said...

What a cute little snowman! I also just love the red bird in flight. Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge!

Diane said...

Super cute cute snowman!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Darlene said...

What a fabulous creation ... LOVE this snowman! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Darnell said...

What a fab fat snowman this is! I love him, Nancy, and love that he loves birds as much as I do! Thanks for the tip about coloring and embossing sediments. I love the look, but forget to do it! And thank you for playing with the Krafty Chicks! Hugs, Darnell (January GD)

Judy Woodland said...

Such a sweet, happy snowman, he makes me smile. Great sky background as well. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Mod Squad, hope we see you back again soon.
Judy~ MSC Designer

Leanne said...

Wonderful stamp and the layout is great. I do like snowmen! Thank you for playing our challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a great day!

Leanne DT/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Deanne Saunders said...

What a sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper