Search This Blog

Pages

January 12, 2022

CUDDLY BEAR


Hello!

Love love love this new-to-me die, purchased at the Joanns after-Christmas sale, which I tripped over by happy accident while visiting family!


TECHNIQUES

faux watercolor (background panel)*
heat embossing  (large snowflake on background)
die cutting  (bear, stitched frame)
metal brads  (small snowflakes)

*faux watercolor: press inkpad to acrylic sheet, spritz with water, lay second acrylic sheet over top, peel apart, then lay cardstock down on each piece to transfer



SUPPLIES

snowflake stamp - Stampin' Up! Supersize Snowflake
hugs stamp - unknown
bear die - Sizzix Thinlits #665574 (I wanted a happy face, vs. surprised, so I added a little black pen to bring mouth up into smile from the black circle)
stitched frame - My Favorite Things Wonky Stitch Rectangles

 

I also made a CAS version of this guy, which you can find in THIS POST


Sharing this card with the following challenges:

#34  (ends 2/1).

The Color Blue  (ends 1/23).

#184 Anything Goes with a Die from Companies They Sell  (ends 1/13).

January - Winter Blue  (ends 1/28).


Thanks for stopping in today!



7 comments:

Darnell said...

What a darling detailed bear! I can see where you had a lot of fun playing with him, Nancy, and I love both your designs! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Darlene said...

OMG what a cute card (well actually both cards lol)! This bear is just adorable! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Makira said...

I 💙 this bear! Both your cards are adorable. Thanks for the faux watercolor technique; I had not heard of that one yet. Thanks for joining the Colorful Options Challenge. Cheers, Makira CO DT

Diane said...

What an adorably cute bear he is, a great find! Thank you for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!
Diane CO DY
{Nellies Nest}
{Colorful Options}

Darlene said...

I just love this guy! lol Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Colorful Options!
Darlene
COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sherri Thacker said...

He is one of my faves!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my gosh, he is so cute. What a cool technique to make the background and it is new to me. Thanks for sharing that.