Search This Blog

Pages

January 09, 2022

WARM & FUZZY DEEP DOWN

Hello!

These Tim Holtz cats are genius, and I just can't get enough!  I purchased this set and also a tree die over the holiday season - Merry Christmas to me  ;o) I'm so grateful to all the artists who contribute their images for humble little stampers like myself to play with - they bring such joy.   And while actually NOT cheaper than therapy, so much fun, which is also valuable. (My favorite crafting quote, and I'm so sorry I don't know who said it first AND I'm probably grossly paraphrasing, is: buying crafty supplies to save money on greeting cards is like buying a yacht to save money on fish for dinner *giggleSNORT ;o) Anyway, hope you enjoy today's cards as much as I enjoyed making them.


TECHNIQUES

stenciling (background sweater pattern)
die cutting (tree, stitched border)
fussy cutting (cat, sentiment)
flat back gems 
foam mounting (cat, panel)



SUPPLIES

cat and sentiment clear stamps - Stampers Anonymous set #THMM134
sweater pattern stencil - same set as above
tree die - Sizzix Thinlits #665583
stitched border die - My Favorite Things Dienamics Wonky Stitch Rectangles
inks - ColorBox Frost White pigment, Memento Tuxedo Black
alcohol markers - Copic
white gel pen - Sukura Gelly Roll
flat back gems - Park Lane
sparkle green paper and craft cs - leftover stash




I like to make a couple similar cards while I have the supplies out - any more than that and I go a little goofy :o)



 The other version, using up the rest of the trees, flat panel mounting with a smaller white border, silver stars instead of gold, and minus the stitched border.


TECHNIQUES

stenciling (background sweater pattern)
fussy cutting (cat, sentiment)
flat back gems 
foam mounting (cat)



SUPPLIES

cat and sentiment clear stamps - Stampers Anonymous set #THMM134
sweater pattern stencil - same set as above
tree die - Sizzix Thinlits #665583
inks - ColorBox Frost White pigment, Memento Tuxedo Black
alcohol markers - Copic
white gel pen - Sukura Gelly Roll
flat back gems - Park Lane
sparkle green paper and craft cs - leftover stash



Sharing these cards with the following challenges:

T is for Trees  (ends 1/13).

Anything Goes with Dies  (ends 1/31)

 Anything Goes w/Opt. Use Something New  (ends 1/14).


See you again here tomorrow for another card to warm your winter!






 

7 comments:

cheiro urgia said...

What a fun winter/Christmas card, I like how the sentiment matches the motif of a cat which is obviously warm in this XXXL scarf (and probably fuzzy, too). I also like how the background pattern is a reference to knitting, and it goes so well against the kraft paper you used. I couldn't decide which variation of the card I like better, but I can assure you that each of them would make me giggle. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika

Deborah Wheeler said...

Those are such fun cards Nancy! I love those cats, and they works so well against the die cut trees. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

brenda said...

The snarky cats are such fun, thanks so much for joining in with our 'A/G or New' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Pauline C said...

Adorable fun cards made me smile.. love the cat images. Thanks so much for joining in this week with my theme at Allsorts Challenge
Pauline xx

Melanie Hungerford said...

That's a really fun sentiment, love the style of your card and those great tree dies. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge!

Wendy L said...

The cats sure look fab, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge xx

Nandini said...

Very cute! Great to see you in the HLS Challenge gallery. Hope to see you again soon! Nandini, DT