Search This Blog

Pages

December 05, 2021

HAPPY POINSETTIA

Hello!

Well, I've never made so many Christmas cards in one season and surprise to me: 
THEY ARE MY FAVORITE, AND THE EASIEST TO PUT TOGETHER!  


TECHNIQUES

die cutting (words, stitched frame)
marker to rubber (flower)
heat embossing (mini sentiment)
stacked die cuts ("Happy")
glitter glue ("Happy")

funny story:  I die cut the stitched frame nearly last and neglected to factor in that I would crush not only my stacked "Happy" (which started out 4 cardstock layers high), but also all the rhinestones.  Grrrr.  but wait...there's more. I ended up pressing all the textures in my Big Shot plate into the word Happy (which led to me struggling for an aha moment about how to camouflage THAT - glitter glue helped).  Sometimes I just get too excited with the next step that I don't even think of the consequences to my poor card or tools  ;o)



SUPPLIES

flower stamp - Penny Black #2808L Winter Glow
mini sentiment stamp - partial of a stamp in the Stampin' Up! So Many Sayings set 
Happy die - Hero Arts Stamp & Cut XL #DC282
stitched frame die - My Favorite Things #MFT-0839 Wonky Stitch Rectangles
markers - Tombow
glitter glue - Stickles Frosted Lace
bakers twine - Stampin' Up! Cherry Cobbler
rhinestones - random




Sharing this card with the following Challenge Blogs:

Sunday Stamps #ssc271  (ends 12/10)!


Update!




(ends in a month)r.

Crazy4Challenges #c4c613  Christmas Flowers/Foliage (JFF) 



Thanks so much for visiting - I appreciate you!






 

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Nancy - gorgeous! Love the green detail in your pop up merry - and those flowers are so dramatic! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

stampwithamyk said...

Just beautiful! Love the inlaid sentiment, pretty poinsettia too! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!