Search This Blog

Pages

December 03, 2021

BLESSED CHRISTMAS

Hello!
Wanted to get this card done in time to follow the sketch challenge over at The Paper Players.
Finding cardmaking goes much MUCH easier for me if I'm able to adhere to layout parameters. I had never gotten around to using this wonderful stamp because of the coloring required but I found it so relaxing to work on such a sweet image. I stamped two "just" in case, and colored the other as well; so I will be posting a different layout before Christmas with that image, where I did not trim out the starry sky inside the circle.



TECHNIQUES

Copic markers (image)
fussy cutting (image)
die cutting (mirror gold "blessed")
heat embossing (mini words)
patterned paper (background rectangles and base)



SUPPLIES

 bird in wreath stamp - Stamps Happen Carolyn Shores Wright "Chickadee" #80371
mini words stamp - Stampin' Up! "So Many Sayings" set
die - Momenta set #32265 R8
markers - Copic
patterned paper - Webster's Pages Petite Pages "Waiting for Santa & Sweet Season"
gold mirror cardstock - random




Sharing this card in the following Challenges:



Update:







NBUS Challenge #33  (ends 12/31).



Thanks for stopping in today!





 

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I agree with you! I love layouts as I feel it keeps me focused and allows me to finish sooner. As for your gorgeous card...your coloring is spectacular and that image is something I have not come across before. A truly fabulous design. Thanks for being with us at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So happy you enjoyed the sketch this week Nancy! Your sweet little bird just makes me smile. Your shading is beautiful! Thank so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Amazing card! I usually start my card with picking a layout first or a stamp set then a layout. It’s quicker to complete when there’s a vision. Your chickadee is perfect in center stage! So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
Diane - DT

Doris Klein said...

Oh wow.. that's so beautiful and elegant! Love the bird image!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY
*GDT* Cheerful Sketches Challenge Blog

Darnell said...

This is so sweet and pretty, Nancy! Your coloring is perfection! Thank you for doing this amazing series. I've enjoyed paging through and getting excited about all the design inspiration you have given me. Thank you, too, for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Holiday Hugs, Darnell