Search This Blog

Pages

February 25, 2022

TIMELESS KOI


Hello!

I really love having backgrounds in my folder to choose from when I don't feel like getting messy to make a card. 

Story Time:  This is among one of the first wood mounted images I bought; I found it in a zoo gift shop, I think as a boxed set of three.  But I moved a few times since and that original stamp is still in questionable storage that hasn't been accessed yet.  So when I saw this for sale online I bought it AGAIN!  Some images are just timeless and really draw you in.  I think if you appreciate them so much initially it's likely you will not tire of them long term.






TECHNIQUES

faux watercolor  (background)
basic stamping  (fish*, sentiment)
glossy accents  (fish)
alcohol markers  (fish)
liquid sparkle medium (rectangle)
flat back gems
foam mounting  (sentiment)

*fish/rectangle image was stamped once on background and once on white card stock and then colored and cut out to place over the background. I edged the cut out white image with a black marker to help it blend into the background, and then covered it with Glossy Accents.


SUPPLIES

fish in rectangle stamp - Stampendous #N107 (2000) Koi Border **
sentiment stamp - unknown
alcohol markers - Copic
flat back gems - Hero Arts Clear Gemstones
inks - Memento Tuxedo Black, assorted Distress
sparkle in rectangle - Wink of Stella
gloss on fish - Ranger Glossy accents

** a huge shout-out to Stampendous for being in the stamp industry so long and providing stampers such great images and sentiments to play with!!

Sharing this card with the following Challenges:

#89 Sparkle/Bling  (ends 2/25).

#515 Anything Goes (ends 3/1).

Weeks #531-532  (ends 3/2).



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

 

No comments: