Search This Blog

Pages

February 03, 2022

ANIMAL SHAKERS x3


Hello!

One layout, three silly cards  :o)



Playing along with the following challenges:

#497 For the One You Love  (ends 2/8)r.

February  (ends 2/28)

#59 Anything Goes w/a Featured Critter  (ends 3/1)


#58 Anything Goes - Must inclued an animal (ends 2/25)





TECHNIQUES

die cutting  (heart, sentiment strip)
fussy cutting  (animal, conversation hearts)
heat embossing  (sentiment)
alcohol markers  (animals)
direct stamping  (animals, conversation hearts)
shaker  (large heart)
patterned paper  (backgrounds)




SUPPLIES

cow stamps - JRL Designs Farm Friends #S528 
conversation hearts - CraftSmart (Michael's)
sentiment stamp - Hero Arts Hello Stamp&Cut set #DC151
heart die - Spellbinders Nestabilities 
alcohol markers - Copics
inks - Distress Oxide Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry, 
Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters
patterned paper - American Crafts Pebbles Lovely Moments 6x8 pad
foam mounting tape
acetate sheets - Hero Arts





* Funny Story

As you'd guess, this piggy card was supposed to be a shaker card.  So I got all finished putting the card together and as I was tilting it this way and that in my sweaty little hands to admire my handywork, I hear tiny beads hitting the floor.  So I carefully look at all the edges where I put the foam, wondering how I missed a crack...?  Meanwhile sequins and hearts are flying everywhere.  I can't even admit to you how long it took me to realize I hadn't put any acrylic sheet in under the heart die cut area . Yikes.  Don't drive when you're drunk, and don't make more than a one layer card when you're exhausted  >;o)


Thanks for coming by - I love to think I'm not the only one,


 

7 comments:

Lori Podolsky said...

Hi Nancy! Your shaker cards are just delightful, creative and wonderful. Love that you've joined us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck with your adorable card, and hope to see you again. Enjoy your day. Hugs, Lori - DT

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh gosh these are cute! I'm so glad I got to have a look close-up, because I LOVE shaker elements! This is super! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter!
Linda

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What fun cards - who doesn't love a shaker card!!
Thanks for joining us in The Paper Shelter Challenge - good luck! Hugs Susan

creationsnz said...

What a great idea, and you have nailed the fun element. So glad you shared with us at Critter Crazy, come back soon. CarolG

Doris Klein said...

Wow.. what cool and nice works! I like the clever idea with the shaker! Amazing!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at The Paper Shelter and Critter Crazy. Hope to see you again next time.

Helen said...

Great cards - thanks for sharing them with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x