Search This Blog

Pages

February 01, 2022

BUNNY LOVE

Hello!

This stamp is ancient - I'm guessing by the materials used to mount to the wood block it might be as far back as the 90's (now that was a good decade!).  But it's new to me - I just purchased it in a local Goodwill and was happy to give it a new home and some lovey-dovey surroundings. I don't know who made it because it's unmarked, but the block does have a number 2397 imprinted by the image - if anyone knows who I can attribute this to I would love to hear!

UPDATE:
Thanks to our friend Darnell we have info!  This guy was made by Comotion Rubber Stamps, and some can be found on ebay, and perhaps elsewhere also...it looks like they made some really fun images in their time that could be worth a revisit.
 
As you can see it is a HUGE image and really deserves center stage  :o)




TECHNIQUES

direct stamping (background hearts)
fussy cutting  (bunny)
heat embossing (sentiment)
die cutting (sentiment banner)
ink blending (background) *
flat back gems

* I stamped the hearts in red, ink blended two shades of pink over them and then splattered some water droplets on the background



SUPPLIES

bunny stamp - unmarked vintage wood-mounted
background heart stamps - Stampin' Up! Happy Hearts
saying heart - Craftsmart (Michael's) #125530
sentiment - Stamper's Anonymous Stamp/Stencil set #THMM134
banner die - Stampin' Up! Bitty Banners
dye inks - Versamark, Distress Barn Door, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Faded Jeans
white detail embossing powder
aurora flat back gems - Hampton Studio G




* To get the fuzzy effect I stamped directly with Distress dye ink on Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock, and then used a damp paintbrush along all the lines with the exception of the eyes and mouth.

 


Sharing these cards with the following challenges:

#262 Love  (ends 2/3).

#012022 January Anything Goes  (ends 2/5)!

Update:


#175 - Love Love Love  (ends 2/11).

#153 Anything Goes - Optional Valentine's Day/Love  (ends in a month)

#73 - Let's See Red  (ends 2/26)

#35  (ends in a month)


Thanks for stopping in today!



13 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, Nancy - what a find! Love that chill bunny - he's perfect for Valentine's too! Great hearts to go with him! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Carol L said...

Oh my gosh, what a wonderful find with this adorable bunny stamp! I just love the card where he's wearing the "I'm Yours" little heart on his chest! Too cute, great cards - both of them!

Darnell said...

I love that lop-eared bunny, too, Nancy! I found it on eBay with information that it was made by Comotion Rubber Stamps. As in co-motion, I guess, because there is only one M. I've never heard of them, sadly, cuz this is so sweet. I think you have showcased him fabulously on both your fun Valentine designs! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

This bunny is so adorable and your cards are so cute. It just shows, stamps do not go out of style. It's a keeper.

Chana Malkah said...

Very nicely done! Love the tension created by using a b/w image on the colored background!

Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Marga bisschops said...

Your card is sweet! Thank you for playing along at the Unicorn challenge. Looking forward to see you in the next challenge.

Greetings Marga dt

Chana Malkah said...

Congratulations! You were selected a RISING STAR for the week of January 31 – February 5, 2022 at A Place to Start ! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge
The Design Team

cass said...

Fun card. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Let's see Reds" challenge.

Claire Grantham said...

Fun card, love the bunny, the sentiment made me LOL Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Neva Cole said...

I remember Comotion Stamps! This bunny is great, and you used the image well for this card! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber! Neva DT

Carol said...

Such cute cards! I have that stamp but it is about 1.5" x 1.5" on wood. I love him/her!!!!

Mimi said...

Oh how precious is the bunny, love your overall card design too :) :) Thank you for joining us this month at IKEsWORLD. Hugs Mimi xxx

KathyA. said...

What a cute card! After I saw that this was a Comotion Stamp, I did some research and found a few more details. Plus several of them available on Ebay! Here is what I found-
Easter Bunny Harry Hare Rubber Stamp Comotion #1811 Vintage 1995 (I remember having a few Comotion and PSX stamps before getting really addicted after attending my first Stampin' Up party. The rest is history!!)