Search This Blog

Pages

March 10, 2024

SUNSHINE BEES

Hello :o)
 Playing along with:
 



 I’ve known about the general importance of bees as pollinators, but in researching them to make sure they were a Spring-appropriate subject, this website showed me I had no idea how much there is to know:



I had a leftover piece of faux watercolor with smooshed Distress ink that worked perfectly as the base layer for this card. On the top layer I die cut the honeycomb twice and then stamped the leafy branch in two shades of green.  I blended green along one lower side, and blue at the top and opposite side. All items are foam mounted.  Wings of bees are covered in Stickles Frosted Lace glitter glue.  I glued the white honeycomb cell borders back in. Black word strip is from Creative Expressions.


SUPPLIES

bee stamps and dies, honeycomb stamp and die, honeycomb die - Stampin' Up! Honey Bee set
leafy branch stamp - PrintWorks Annette Allen Watkins Leaf Pattern



 Thanks for stopping in!



2 comments:

brenda said...

Your card is lovely with hints if warm summer days, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Chris said...

Great use of your sketch to create this wonderful summery card. Thank you for sharing at Stamping Sensations.
Chris
x