Search This Blog

Pages

March 11, 2022

CAS CAT


Hello!

I love all living things intensely but there is nothing I prefer to a good cat 
who appreciates me back :o)

(If you'd like to visit my cardmaking history with me,
HERE is a 2008 post using the same stamp and one from 2011 HERE!)




TECHNIQUES 

basic stamping  (cat, hearts) *
paper piecing  (cat)
heat embossing  (sentiment)
freehand doodle  (line with sprig)

* I find I get the best results stamping the image on the white card front first, then on the patterned paper. After I fussy cut the patterned paper I edge it with black marker. Stamping on the card stock allows all the delicate details around the edges to show without any impossibly pesky whisker trimming. 

SUPPLIES

cat stamp - Rare Image Rubber Stamps Pets  (from a sheet of red rubber I produced years ago, full of sweet storybook style pets. Contact me if you have interest or search ebay for Rare Image Rubber Stamps - Pets)  


hearts stamps - Hero Arts Hello Stamp & Cut set #DC151
sentiment stamp - Taylored Expressions Simple Strips - Meow #TEBB86
paper - Spellbinders Celebrate Spring #KPP-032
ink - Distress Oxide Spun Sugar




Sharing this card with the following Challenges:

Addicted to CAS  (ends 3/19).


#477 Animal Theme  (ends 3/24 JFF).

#209 Cute  (ends 3/23).


#644 CAS  (ends 3/15).




Thanks for stopping by today!!

3 comments:

Imke said...

Great take with paper piecing - love the colors. Thanks for joining our CAS Challenge @ Little Red Wagon. Hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

foleysfriend said...

What a fabulous clean and simple card. I love the way you made the kitty and super clever to stamp on the card to permit finer details like the whiskers to still be there. Great choice of patterned paper for the kitty. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

sue n.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Great make, and I just LOVE your paper piecing. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out.