Search This Blog

Pages

November 07, 2019

Tropical Retirement

This isn't me but I wouldn't mind if it was ;o) 
Also, I could do paper-piecing all day long!

Inspired by, and entering, the following CHALLENGES:





Stamps: Art Impressions penguins (#P-3158), River City Rubber Works "Retirement Means" (#3024-G)

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! Daffodil Delight

Markers: Copic as shown

Other: JudiKins brush dauber, patterned paper (maker unknown)


1. Stamp image on patterned paper. Trim and apply to stamped image on white card. (I like to run a black marker around all trimmed edges to avoid a halo effect.)
2. Use markers to color image.
3. Punch a circle from scrap cardstock and sponge yellow ink on outside top and sides. (I did do a partial mask on the male penguin so I didn't get any sun on him LOL)
4. Trim around image into modified rectangle, leaving sun intact.
5. Layer onto card with patterned paper strips and turquoise panel.
6. Use black ink to stamp phrase.


Thanks for stopping in! 
May you be blessed and may you be a blessing.... :o)


2 comments:

Pat said...

Beautiful card with a fun image, thanks for sharing at Fab’n’Funky this week.

Pat xx

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute!! I love those little penguins!!