Search This Blog

Pages

December 04, 2007

Inkwash Wildflowers

This is a quick easy technique for adding color to a large background stamp. The colors didn't scan exactly true, and the antiqued silver accent scanned dark. But here it is!


Card measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

I started with a Stampers Anonymous word background stamp and stamped it on watercolor paper using Staz-On black ink. I waited about a minute for it to dry (here's the perfect time to clean the stamp LOL), then spritzed it with water using a fine mist. I inked the stamp up again with a Cappucino Delight Kaleidacolor pad, spritzed it with water, and stamped over the first image freehand.
*tip*
I was hoping for a more abstract color on the background so I probably should use more water on the stamp next time. And all watercolor paper reacts differently - I think mine really sucked up the water quickly.

I set this panel aside to dry while I used the K pad colors to stamp the wildflowers (Stampin' Up! - More Petal Prints set) and SU!'s True Thyme to stamp the stems, on matching watercolor paper. I trimmed these out and pop-dotted them over the background panel. I added an antiqued silver label that says Smile (Karen Foster - Emotions set), with yellow brads attached. I used slightly thicker foam tape so it would clear the flower arrangement.

I mounted the background panel to a SU True Thyme green panel and then to a mustard panel edged with the green ink, using a sponge.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: