Good morning :o)
I was browsing SplitcoastStampers for the first time in a long while yesterday and found a tutorial for acetate-bodied cards. I had tried my own last year and it worked alright, but it was so much easier with their step-by-step instructions with photos and sizes. Here's the link for the page it's on: SplitcoastStampers Be sure to click on the gallery link at the bottom of the page for some more great sample cards.
I pretty much followed the SCS directions, changing the size to suit my stamp image size. I stamped the flowers (Inkadinkado) in black Staz-On, then used a blender pen and Stampin' Up! markers to color it in. I used some iridescent glitter glue over the blue on the water area and added a silver dragonfly brad as shown.
When adding brads and rivets, etc. try to use them so that subsequent layers of cs will cover the backs.
The sympathy stamp is a Anna Griffin, and the swirls are Autumn Leaves, Rhonna Farrer, Elegant Swirls set (stamped in white Staz-On - don't forget to reink this pad frequently for best coverage.) I used a sponge to edge the card with the white ink, and tied a sheer silvery ribbon along the fold.
Thanks for looking!