Hi friends, and welcome back to my newest ALPHABET CHALLENGE DT card!
The theme this go-around is J is for JUST KIDDING / Funny.
You have two whole weeks to play along, and you can enter up to three times any handcrafted items featuring the current theme.
Year after year, I can never get enough of this penguin pair – I just love them so much!! And I love that he understands her struggle :o) I’m not much of a drinker but I do love a good limeade ice cream freeze so that’s what we’re having poolside today!
Special thanks to Sarah for sharing some of her de-stash treasures with me - could not have pulled this card together so cutely without you!
SOME DETAILS
Penguins were colored with pencils, then fussy cut. They were stamped again on patterned papers and their clothing was fussy cut and applied because, honestly – who wants to look at naked penguin parts? :o)
I used a stamp positioner to stamp the main quote in pink as well as black, so that it would be easier to read, and then I die cut it with an oversized quote bubble. I also cut a couple extra blanks from scrap card stock to give the bubble stability. Mr Penguin’s bubble was cut from a larger cover plate full of various sized bubbles.
*TIP OF THE DAY*
When doing this style of card, if you cut your card base first, you can experiment to be sure your second image has enough room to hide under the fold of the top panel.
SUPPLIES
stamp - Art Impressions #p-3158
quote dies -unmarked, probably Taylored Expressions
patterned paper - Taylored Expressions Hello Happiness 6x6 pad
colored pencils
Thanks for stopping in today, I can’t wait to see what you create!





No comments:
Post a Comment