Search This Blog

Pages

February 05, 2009

All set for Valentine's day?

What I'd love is a big ol' box of Godiva chocolate on the special day! But no - I've put myself on a bit of a healthier diet. Caught the flu the first of January, lost 10 pounds and decided to keep it off. Hoping to keep losing more by eating take-out just once a week and dessert only on the last weekend of the month.

You'll probably have to click on this one for some detail...

Card is 5 1/8" x 5 3/8"

STAMPS: I Brake For Stamps ~ GOOD NEWS! the little quarter sheet with this collaged cupid heart and three phrases is on sale this week on the Specials page!! ~ I used a variety of different IBFS images around the main heart collage - if you'd like to know about any specific one just email me and I can send you to the page it's on ~ the flourish used in the corner and around the edges is in the Stampinback section

INKS: Stampin' Up! Pink Pirouette and Red Riding Hood, Staz-On Jet Black

SUPPLIES: Radiant Pearls asst. colors, small paintbrush, sponges, Cloud 9 Design Rain Dots, white gel pen

TECHNIQUE: Technique Junkies Blocked Collage 02/09 newsletter

NOTES: I stamped the heart on a scrap of heavyweight white cardstock using the black ink and trimmed the banner out of it ~ I pop-dotted the banner in the center and tacked the ends down with double-stick tape ~ the flowers were all colored in with a tiny paintbrush and Radiant Rain in assorted shades so they are shimmery in real life ~ I highlighted the large roses with white gel pen ~ after all the red inking was done it looked too monotone and I wanted to tie in the black of the banner so I stamped the flourish repeatedly around the edges, and then sponged a little ink over just the very edges ~ I stopped at JoAnn's looking for some black rhinestones for the corners but not finding any I liked I picked up a pack of these gel look embellishments - I think they work

Thanks for stopping in!! :o)

3 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

Yes! The close-up shows so much more! Still not sure about how you did the banner, etc....but it works. And those little red gel thingies are perfect.

Linda Carson said...

GORGEOUS artwork!! Dessert only once a month....HORRORS! Good luck w/that!! LOL

Manna said...

WOW! Beautiful card! Great goals on the diet thing! Wish I could do even half of that, I'd be so good! *SIGH*