Search This Blog

Pages

January 22, 2009

More Paper Soft

I'm having so much fun with the flower images from my Rare Image Rubber Stamps GARDEN sheet. My husband came in the door the other day and said he could almost feel that Spring is coming soon - the days are brighter and longer, and the sun is melting the snow and ice on the drive a little more each day. Going to have a little cold spell over the weekend if you can believe the weatherman ;o) and then right back up again to tolerable.

I should warn you - I do this every year - get all giddy thinking of Spring right after Christmas LOL but you know, the other day for the first time since Fall, I glanced out at a big snowy patch where my plants are sleeping and I actually had a feeling of being able to see them sprouting up thru fresh dirt in that wonderful warmish, still damp Spring weather. Hope you can get a sense of that too if you're living in the cold :o)

(Click on photo for detail)
Card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

STAMPS: Rare Image Rubber Stamps, GARDEN sheet

INKS: Distress Antique Linen, Staz-On Jet Black, Stampin' Up! Pale Plum

SUPPLIES: wide grosgrain, green and white striped grosgrain, Cuttlebug and Flower Screen folder, flat backed rhinestones, brayer, Tim Holtz distressing tool, sponges, coffee, Tombow markers, SU blender pens, colored pencil in neutral grey, Score-pal, SU tab tag punch, Spellbinders oval die template, foam doule-stick tape

TECHNIQUE: Technique Junkies Aged Parchment, my own Paper Soft

SKETCH: SplitCoastStampers SC212

NOTES: see post below for Paper Soft 'recipe' ~ bkgd panel was Cuttlebugged and then brayered with the Antique Linen, and then the edges were sponged ~ for the purple behind the oval tag I cut the punched tab piece in half and layered it to get a border as I didn't have any dies that size ( that led to the knotted ribbon to distract from the gaps on each side ;o) ~ the center panel actually has embossed lines on all four edges but for whatever reason only the top and bottom showed up in the scan ( I used my Score-Pal for this)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Manna said...

Another stunning card, Nancy! I'm loving your flower soft :)

Anonymous said...

This is one gorgeous card! I love the soft tones and the gorgeous details really make this card!

Evelyn S. said...

I looked out at my side yard where I placed the huge pots after planting them with all sorts of tulip and lily bulbs. They are still under a 2-foot drift of snow! I guess that's a kind of insulation in cold weather, isn't it? It has been snowing all day today. lol It's just good to see 'springy' cards again, Nancy.