Search This Blog

Pages

December 13, 2008

Man's Best Friend

As you can see from my photos I'm definitely a cat person, but I feel sure if I had a dog and got to know it (and it didn't bite me like dogs in my past) I would love it like my cats. This dog image and play-ball are from my Rare Image sheet of rubber titled Pets. Scroll down the sidebar for all ordering info, and if you say you read it hear (click on the Email Me area) my Christmas gift to you is free shipping in the US ($3 off International) till Dec 25th :o) If you'd like to see more card samples using these images click on Rare Image under the index of posts, also on the sidebar...

(click photo to enlarge)
Card measures 4 3/4" x 6"
STAMPS: dog and play-ball - Rare Image Rubber Stamps (my little company! - see sidebar) "Pets" sheet, word circle - Autumn Leaves "Sentiments Circles" set by Katie Pertiet, bkgds - plaid and Love words - Stampin' Up!
TECHNIQUES: Faux Fabric from the Technique Junkies 12/05 newsletter
INKS: Staz-On Jet Black, Distress Weathered Wood, Antique Linen, and Brushed Corduroy, white Uni-ball Signo gel pen
SUPPLIES: SU label punch, sponges, blue brads, embossed metal word tag with chain (from Archivers bargain bins), white twill, sandpaper
NOTES: hard to see but the antiqued brass metal tag reads "Loyal" which is pop-dotted in the center to keep it centered ~ I sponged Corduroy ink lightly onto the twill edges to age it, and Linen onto the main image panel
Have a great weekend! It's going to be 30 something today before it dips to 0 next week so I'm pretty tickled :o) And stay tuned - I have a Christmas cat card coming up next...

3 comments:

I Brake For Stamps said...

WOW!!! That is awesome!!!

Manna said...

Stunning card, Nancy! Love the stamps from your little store :) And of course, I love the combo on this one! I'm a doggy kinda person but we only have 2 kitties running around!

Linda Carson said...

Excellent Ms. Nancy! This reminds me of my dog Elvis. He's crazy about his ball! It's the first thing he looks for each morning.