Search This Blog

Monday, April 20, 2009

Warhol Birthday Boy

I love when someone else picks my colors for me, being somewhat challenged in that area! LOL I chose 3 of Stampin' Up!'s In-Color pads for this technique, hoping they would all blend nicely and still pack a punch ;o)

Click photo for more detail

Card measures 6 3/4" x 3 3/4"

STAMPS: I Brake For Stamps - boy and phrase from a Time To Stamp sheet, Happy Birthday and swirl bkgds on a sheet here

INKS: Stampin' Up! Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Tangerine Tango, Staz-On Jet Black

SUPPLIES: sponges, small colored brads, stamp positioner, crown punch by 2 Grrrls, flat-back rhinestones, pop-dots

TECHNIQUE: Technique Junkies Warhol

NOTES: The swirl bkgd was stamped 3 times, once in each ink ~ After stamping the boy block 3 times in black ink, I overstamped each with one of the inks and the Happy B-day bkgd, then used a small stipple brush to do just the inside edges of the coats

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!!! :o)

6 comments:

Beth said...

Nancy I love this what an awesome job you did this is one of my favorite techniques.

Evelyn S. said...

Hey Girl! Great job!

Shar said...

Wow! Great Warhol! Fabulous design and use of images!

Wanda H said...

Wonderful!!!!

Manna said...

Awesome card, Nancy!

leenda said...

Most EXCELLENT & CREATIVE artwork!