Search This Blog

Pages

October 22, 2008

Techno Stamper Challenge #40

Yikes, it's been so long since I posted - sorry about that!! BUT, I've been working on Technique Junkie sample cards for the December newsletter and you will be SO HAPPY with the newest techniques Pat has for you! I already know some are going on my all-time favorites list - can't wait till it comes out so you can see... I know I say this all the time but a subscription to TJ is the best $20 a stamper can spend in a year!

I wanted to do a card to play along with the Techno Stamper Lunchtime Challenge #40. It's slightly modified but the general idea is there :o)

(click photo for more detail)

Card measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

All images are by I Brake For Stamps (except the marble texture, which is from a cube by Stampendous, but there is a fabulous new rubber sheet of textures on the IBFS website - see the New Stamps page - along with birds and wildflowers, and some quotes in great fonts!)

I started by using the Technique Junkie Layered Collage technique from the 8/08 newsletter on the main image panel, using Distress Tattered Rose, Adirondack Raisin and Stampin' Up! Always Artichoke. I actually came up with this technique as a quick way to add more visual texture to any collage stamp. All you need to do is stamp your bkgd image of choice in the lightest ink, then stamp your collage image in a medium ink, and then ink up three individual images in a dark ink and stamp randomly around edges to frame the main image. If you use a sponge to add the lightest ink around the edges of the panel it really frames it nicely.
The background panel is a leftover piece of Brayer Spots from the 12/07 newsletter.

For the corners I stamped the marble cube on SU Artichoke cs using the same ink, cut 2 small squares on the diagonal and notched them with scissors. For the cardfront I just ran the Raisin pad over the same color cs that I stamped the main image panel on.

Sorry I'm not sure who made the circular hardware or dragonfly, but the Antiqued Brass photo corners are SU.

Thanks for looking, and go check out the brand new stamps on the I Brake For Stamps site - they are awesome!!!!!!!

3 comments:

MJ said...

This is just wonderful. I love that image! Great colors and technique. Can't wait to see what you have for us in the next newsletter! Thanks for playing.

Manna said...

One word, BEAUTIFUL! I have missed you!

Shirley said...

Don't know where I have been while you have been posting all this, but I am sure glad I didn't miss it. This is just so vintage lovely.