Search This Blog

Pages

September 26, 2008

Fall Scene - leaf pile!

Hi! Has fall hit 'your neck of the woods' yet? Our backyard is quickly becoming covered in pine needles - those are so much fun to try to rake up ;o)

Here's a card to get you in the mood if your leaves are still green! I used a little scene stamp called Shy Bear from I Brake for Stamps , and used a single word from the phrase "The path to a friends house is never long", drawing in the swirl with a finepoint marker. If you have never seen this Shy Bear line, go take a minute to look - the link above should get you right to the page... There is an image for every occasion - on a bike, peeking in a bassinet, checking out the birdhouse, etc. - I just love them, they are so sweet but not in a corny way. And there is enough substance to each image you really don't need anything more than maybe a few words and embellishments to make a great card!


(click on photo for more detail)
card measures 5 1/2" square
I started this card by stamping the image on cream cardstock using Staz-On Timber Brown. I then used the Technique Junkies Marker Water Coloring technique from the June/July 08 issue to color the scene, using a white gel pen on the bear's eyes. I used the M. Zindorf method of covering the image completely with a Versamark pen and embossing powder, allowing me to sponge in colors over the top to fill in the background. The moon was created by punching a circle from a Post-it note, and sponging over it. I swiped a sponge covered with Stampin' Up!'s More Mustard over it to tone the brightness down a little. I edged some of the tree with white gel pen for highlights, which helped to tie in the areas on the teeny branches where my Versamark pen went over the lines a bit, creating white areas ;o)
To put the card together I ran a piece of rust brown cardstock thru the Cuttlebug, using the Distressed Stripes folder, and mounted that over a scrap of Faux Handmade Paper I had left over (see the Technique Junkies June/July 08 issue for this one as well - you will love it!) Not sure who made these metal leaf brads but now I wish I had purchased another pack - the backs are really flexible and very thin so your layers don't bulk up. I 'needed' to fill in some of that light space at the bottom (which is Stampin' Up!'s Natural cardstock) so I markered in just the word from the stamp listed above, and then drew in the dots for movement.
Thanks for looking, and happy fall!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet! Great work, too!

Manna said...

Beautiful! Great image and love the highlights. This is art!

Shirley said...

How pretty, Nancy. Love the colors and how you painted the whole card!