Search This Blog

Pages

May 24, 2008

Collage Rooster

I wanted to show you some detail on this card that I submitted for the current Technique Junkies 04/08 newsletter. I can't believe the next issue is almost due to come out! I had such a great time working on sample cards for that - hope you like and that they inspire you to try your own versions of the techniques. :o)

All the stamps used on this card are from the great Country Girl sheet of rubber by Oxford Impressions.


Click photo for more detail

Card measures 5" x 5 3/4"

I started with the center panel, doing the Aged Tiles technique from the current TJ newsletter, using SU In Colors from last year, Cranberry Crisp and Marigold Mornings. I'm pretty sure the brown ink was Staz-On Timber Brown and the tile edges were done in Distress Antique Linen.

I stamped the border repeatedly using a stamp positioner and second generation Cranberry, laid my main image where it was going to end up and added images to fill in the sides. I layered the main panel to a dark brown one and adhered it. I just stamped the ladybug and flower on scraps, cut them at angles and edged them with the brown ink straight from the pad. I did the same thing with the sentiment, but edged it with Antique Linen. I lightly sponged the whole thing and layered it to a Marigold Morning panel.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nancy, this is so beautiful! Beautiful colours and stamped images. I love it!

Linda Carson said...

I'd give it a 10....PERFECT!