Click photo for more detail
I just love this cat image (from my own sheet of rubber - see sidebar!) - he/she looks so docile and sweet. Like it wouldn't even hurt a butterfly :o) I stamped the image on a scrap of white cs using black Staz-On. Next I stamped a small butterfly (PSX) where it looked like the cat would be watching it. I drew in the dotted line with a Micron 01 black pen. I covered the entire inside area of the cat and butterfly with Masquepen Masking Fluid (a liquid that turns rubbery, covering an area so you can ink over it, then rub the dried fluid off, uncovering a lighter area).
I sponged on inks as shown to match my background paper (more on that below). I used a torn sheet of paper for the "grass" edge. I let the ink dry, then rubbed off the dried masking fluid.
It's very important to let the fluid dry (it will turn from a liquid to a tacky rubber cement feel) before working over it, and then it is equally important to let your background inks dry before rubbing off the masker.
I shadowed the cat's coat with a gray pencil, and added some pink to his nose. I used deeper shades of the background to color in the butterfly.
The patterned background is from the brand new Technique Junkies 06/08 newsletter. The technique is called AI Float, and it gives you a cross between a marbled and a watercolored look. Careful tho - it's very hard to adhere a panel over this bkgd and get it straight! LOL as you can see >;o)
Stay tuned - I've got three more cards finished from this sheet...!!