I'm so glad it's here - after years of not going to church regularly I finally started right around Christmas and look forward to it now. I told my husband only half jokingly that even spending the whole morning in church, my Sundays seem to have way more hours in the day than the others! I plan to use some of that extra time stamping LOL ;o)
(Click photo for detail)
The tulip panel uses Twinkling H2O's and a technique from the current issue of TechniqueJunkies called Penciled Twinks. I only own six of the colors, but as you can see, with this technique you get lots of tonal variations, which the scanner can't begin to pick up.
I stamped the tulips (Rubber Stampede) with Versafine black ink, then colored it in and trimmed closely. I adhered this to a light green panel I had stamped With Sympathy (Anna Griffith) on in Brilliance Pearlescent Crimson. I had some oddball papery ribbon in the right color so I tied this on as shown. I went back and forth about where to have it cutting across and finally decided not to cover up any of the flowers/stems.
I ran a piece of the reddish cs thru the Cuttlebug with the Script folder, and then highlighted the embossed area with the Brilliance ink. I just used a regular circle punch to nip each corner. I pop-dotted the main panel over this, and affixed these to darker green cs, and more of the reddish. I tried introducing some purplish cs to tie in the flowers more, but irl this is the combo that worked best. I attached black brads to the four corners to provide the hint of a border.
Thanks for looking!