No special technique here, just stamps and ink! I wanted to do a card utilizing the layout from this week's Technostamper Monday Lunchtime Challenge #5. Thanks to Pat Huntoon and her blog for the idea of trimming around the vine :o)
Click photo for detail
The cardfront irl is a lightesh dark purple with pebble texture. All stamps used are from a little Heidi Grace unmounted clear 12 pc. set sold at Joann's, etc. for about $7.99.
I used an old dye ink pad from Close To My Heart called Plum Mist, and a Versafine black for all elements. On the white panel I stamped the flower with stem in the plum ink, edged the sides with the black ink and a sponge, and stamped the flourish in the two right side corners.
On another white panel I sponged plum ink over all. I stamped the vines/stems twice as shown and trimmed closely on one edge. I stamped the tiny blossom over all using the plum ink. To thread the ribbon, I punched a template using the large 3/4" ribbon slot punch by McGill. At the center point I laid this template down, drew the lines in with pencil, lined these up under the punch slots and punched. I measured equal distances from this point using a centered ruler (very cheap and very irreplaceable!) I adhered this piece to the left side over the flower stamped white panel.
For the word panels I stamped one part of the phrase on each of three plum sponged rectangles and rounded two corners. I stamped the flourish in plum over the words and edged the panels with black ink. They seemed too flat so I added strips of self-adhesive flat-backed crystals as shown which are quite reflective irl.
Thanks for looking!