Search This Blog

Pages

February 12, 2008

Shimmery Shore

Sorry for the absence of artwork posts - I haven't had a chance to stamp much lately.

This card uses a technique from the current TechniqueJunkies newsletter called Opalite Color Infusions. In real life it has a soft shimmery look overall.

Keep an eye out - I have another main panel stamped and ready to go using Innovative Stamp Creations flowers!


Click photo for more detail

Card is oversize and measures 5" x 6 1/2"

I started by stamping the main image in the center of a white panel, and then added images around the edges (all stamps from the I Brake for Stamps/Time to Stamp sheet of rubber) to my liking. I followed the steps in the newsletter to layer the color as shown.

*tip*
If you have Opalite reinkers but not pads, go get a sheet of Rangers Cut-n-Dry stamp pad foam, cut a 2" x 2" square, add enough reinker for your project, then label the reverse with a Sharpie so you'll know what color you've got. These can be stored in a small sealed baggie.

*another tip*
I found that this technique transferred a lot of the Opalite to my dye pads, so I restricted myself to pads I didn't care much about!

I cut the image panel into graduating panels as shown, eyeballing sections ahead of time to see where the gaps wouldn't interfere (ie. thru her head, etc!) LOL

*tip*
To line the panels up, I used a pencil to draw one line straight across the bottom of the black panel at the distance from the edge shown, and another along the side. Then I aligned the first image panel into this corner. The black panel was layered to a slightly larger white cardfront.

I stamped some of the elements on white scraps and layered them over black scraps for tags and the phrase line. The tags have black rivets in the holes, and sponged-on coordinating color for the edges.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Linda Carson said...

GORGEOUS...as usual...& you used my favorite color!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Nancy! I love how the panels are different sizes!