Search This Blog

Pages

February 15, 2008

Celtic Pendant

This image is from the same Innovative Stamp Creations sheet as yesterday's card.


Card measures 5" x 6 1/2"

I started with a cream sheet of cs, and used a technique from TechniqueJunkies called Burnt Edges, applying Distress inks in the green family.

*tip*
Distress inks take longer to fully dry than regular dye inks so if you plan on embossing, let it sit about an hour.

I used Adirondack Ginger to stamp the heart, then colored it in with pencils. The coloring is more blended in real life than the scan shows. I punched the corners from cream cs with Old Paper applied to it, then stamped with the word stamp using Ginger ink, and edged with Distress Vintage Photo ink and a sponge. I added antiqued copper brads to the the corners as shown.

I laid a sheer pale green ribbon along the edges, attaching it with mini Glue Dots. I applied the corner panels over the these adding more Glue Dots on each point.

I adhered the main panel to a dark brown piece of cs. I used an exacto knife to cut a slice just inside the loop and wrap a coordinating ribbon thru and over the top and adhered it to the reverse with Glue Dots.

For the larger background panel, I pressed a Distress pad in Vintage Photo onto a craft sheet, spritzed the area with water, and pressed a cream piece of cs into it. I layered this to a brown panel and then adhered the main panel to it. I added the decorative square brad as shown.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool! Love how it look like you hang the heart from the frame.

Linda Carson said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! enough said!

Shirley said...

Its gorgeous! I love what you did with those colors and how you shaded the heart areas! TFS