All the stamps used on this card are from the same sheet used in yesterdays post, by
I made the card and then saw this corner laying around and added it later, so you can see both versions below.
(Click for more detail)
This card layout was inspired by a Sketch Challenge (#92) from an awesome online group I'm in - StampersCorner. The sketch called for one layered oval but I needed to make two, which is okay! LOL I always assume sketches are a great jumping-off point to help the imagination create something wonderful. The color scheme I was inspired to do by the awesome Knight art on Gerrie's blog currently.
I started my card by grabbing a background I had made earlier using one of the TechniqueJunkie techniques from the current newsletter - it's called Technicolor Dye Inks, and provides a soft washed-out feel which always looks so good with vintage images. I just used a regular circle punch to punch the corners for interest.
It's hard to see but there is some yellow in the center of the background and since I didn't want to use all pink tones, I stamped the portraits on pale yellow cs using a VersaMagic Malted Mauve dew drop inkpad. (These portraits are actually one stamp, with them side by side and surrounded by a borderline.) I stippled the same ink around the edges but it looked too blah, so I stippled Palette Burnt Umber in the same way and edged the ovals straight from the pad. I mounted these to ovals of textured dark wine cs.
The ovals are McGill Creativity punches and were my big splurge last fall as I paid full retail. That was before Nestabilities had entered my landscape - now they're on the wishlist. LOL Sizes are Stacking Oval 1 5/8" x 2 1/8" #95931 and Stacking Oval 1 15/16" x 2 7/16" #95930.
I ran the lighter strip thru the Cuttlebug with the Script folder and highlighted the letters with the chalk inkpad. The corner doodad is also a CB product, from the set of four dies called vintage (all of which my Dad generously bought for my Christmas present :o)
Save all those decorative Kleenex boxes, etc. for these - they are semi-glossy and sturdy enough not to tear when you have to pull them off your Xyron sheet! Below are a beautifully marbled set to show how cool they look.
I stamped various images on the bkgd in Burnt Umber and then adhered everything as shown.
Thanks for looking!