Search This Blog

Pages

January 21, 2008

Folkart Valentine

This is a quick and easy TechniqueJunkies background called Faux Fabric from the Dec 05 issue. It works great for those cards you want to make that only have one main image and you don't have any other images to coordinate.

Stamp is from the Innovative Stamp Creations heart sheet.

Click photo for detail.


Card measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

The colors in this card utilize some of last years In-Colors from Stampin' Up! and are actually more muted irl.

To make the main image I lightly brayered Cranberry Crisp over white cs, then stamped the heart in black Staz-On. I used colored pencils to fill in the elements and highlighted the rope borders with a Sakura gelly roll pen. I covered the letters in Diamond Glaze using my needlenose applicator (buy one of these from Rockler - they are under $4 and never clog!!)

I tore a couple hearts out of Cranberry Crisp and Vintage Violet and layered these to the main image panel. I wanted to staple the ribbon on, but only had large ones so I cut two small slits as shown to thread the ribbon thru. I stamped the heart again on a scrap, trimmed out the flower, and pop-dotted it over the top of the ribbon "hanger".

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely card, nice colours! Needle Nose applicator? Do you mind sharing what it is and how to use it? Thanks Nancy!