Search This Blog

Pages

November 01, 2007

Sliding Panel Sea

Well, I'm posting this at a bit after midnight since I'm still up from eating too much of the chocolate halloween candy we handed out. ;o) But what a treat to see all the kids who braved the weather and came to the door. Some very cool costumes, (my favorite was a little guy dressed like an older guy with colored in stubble - it caught me off guard!) and I was shocked how well-manored they all were - nothing like the promise of sugar forthcoming to bring out the best in people - works with me! LOL

*tip*
If you'd like to see close-ups for more detail of any of my cards just click on the image


This mechanical card is quick, easy and fun to put together. I found one similiar in the last Stamp It! Cards p. 46. It features a main image pop-dotted to act as a stop when pulling the panel upward.





The white you see with the bottom of the quote is actually the front of the card and the blue frame is double-stick taped to it on three sides (after edging it with black ink sponged on).

All stamps except the swirls are by PSX. The starfish was stamped in Distress Brushed Corduroy, the main image was colored in with pencils and mounted on a greenish-brown panel, and the swirls by Autumn Leaves (Big Swirls by Rhonna Farrer set) were stamped with Stampin' Up!'s Sahara Sand.

You can adjust the measurements to suit your base card, but this one measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" with a 3 3/4" x 2 1/2" window, and the pull-out card is 4 7/8" x 3 1/16".

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nancy, so glad you are doing the blog. Now I can follow you more closely. You do beautiful work! I have followed you quietly from TJ but it was hard then, LOL. I love the mechanical and simplicity in putting together of this card! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Great blog site!!! Thanks for sharing your artwork.
Can you please share how you make the Slider Panel Sea card? I don't have the magazine you references....
Thanks,
Lou
loufay@tds.net

Sue Reynolds said...

samanthaVery nice voice of the sea card. Your work is very nice. SueR

Sue Reynolds said...

sorry about the word samantha in the last post I did not realize my typing on an Instant message got in your message. You do have a beautiful card.