Search This Blog

Pages

November 06, 2007

Acetate & Tissue Tall Autumn


I'm going backwards! Christmas yesterday, Autumn today - try to keep up LOL ;o)

Finished card measures 8 1/2" x 3 7/8" and fits in a business size envelope.

The main image panel is done using the acetate and tissue technique (see last week's posting for detailed instructions). The image is a large background leaf stamp by Northwoods Rubber Stamps. This panel is mounted to an orange cs for a thin border of color.

The brown panel under this was stamped using the same stamp and black ink, and then each side was edged with a sponge and black ink. The half circle punch used to make the tabs that the copper brads are on is by Stampin' Up!.

The orange panel under this has the phrase by Serendipity Stamps stamped in black, and then it's edged in Brilliance Cosmic Copper and then black ink. The base layer was stamped in Cosmic Copper using the same background stamp, and then edged with black.
When I had the card all put together I decided I needed to add the copper colored cording so here's my tip for the day:

*tip*
If you've finished gluing all your cs panels together and then decide to add floss, cording, etc. grab a large-bore needle and angle it under the top layer slightly so the hole doesn't show when looking straight at the card. Use a bead threader to thread the cord. These can be had cheaply at a Joann's/Michael's, and look like a very thin wire twisted around itself with a loop at the end. I couldn't work without mine!


It still looked too stark, so I grabbed some loose leaf embellishments I picked up at Joann's on a lark a few days back because they looked handy and were so cheap. I kid you not, you get about 200 of these AT LEAST I didn't count for $1.99! My two packs had maple and oak leaves. Once I had placed them on the card with Mini Glue Dots (would have a hard time making cards without these too) they looked too dull, so I touched the high points with Cosmic Copper right from the foam pad, and I think it was just the right amount of glimmer.
Here's a photo of how I store my loose leaves and flowers - it works so well for me! The metal rings have a hinge and open and shut easily. They are 2" rings, and I think I picked them up at Office Max not too long ago. Just hole punch one corner of a ziploc baggie and add when needed.
Thanks for looking!


5 comments:

Digital said...

Great card with wonderfull colors. I am amazed that you just keep turning out original cards of such quality. Of course I might be a bit biased in my opinion.

Love, Dad

Donna said...

This is a very attractive fall card. You do know how to step it up a notch, don't you.

So where is that GORGEOUS, FABULOUS, OVER-THE-TOP Christmas card that you just showed on TJ? Whew lady, you know how to knock 'em out.

And no, I don't think your Dad is a bit biased. He's absolutely right!

Donna
donnawb@embarqmail.com

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Nancy, I love your work and come to you by way of the TJ group. Your blue card that you posted today was awesome and I was hoping to see it and more info on your blog. (he he I just see now that your dear dad wrote you--my mom does the same). This is a very gorgeous card in today's posting, as well, and I'm going to look at your posting of last week to see how it was done. Could you please add a subscription service to your blog? I asked Hetty, but she needs me to help and I can't explain how to do it. Feedblitz "help" can help you with that. I don't want to miss your postings. Just a thought.

Hugs,
Beth

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

P.S. I added you to my blogroll.

Linda Carson said...

Another FANTASTIC piece of artwork! Your JoAnn's find added the perfect touch!