Search This Blog

Pages

November 21, 2007

Faux Travel Tag


This travel themed card features a faux tag. I've got a scan and a photo, to show you how the gold highlights glow irl.

Card measures 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"

I started by stamping the tag (Inkadinkado) in black ink on a piece of tan cs. I stamped the tag again on a large piece of copy paper, trimmed out the center and laid this over the tan cs, tacking it down with a piece of masking tape.

*tip*
Any time you want to use tape to temporarily tack your cs, take a fresh piece of tape, press it down lightly on your pants to get it slightly fuzzy and you won't risk tearing your cs when removing it.

Then I stamped the Italian postage stamp at an angle, and the postmark and cancelation over this (these stamps by Hero Arts, International Tour de Luxe set). Leaving the mask in place I chalked the images and the inside edge of the tag. Making another mask by stamping the postmark and stamp on small post-its and trimming around them, and tacking over the same images, I inked up the lettering stamp with Brilliance Galaxy Gold and stamped it as shown over the body of the tag. I took the masks off, highlighted the stamp border with a Marvy DecoColor Opaque Paint Marker Extra Fine in gold, and drew a shadow around the tag with a Tombo #530 grey marker. I freehand tore the cs around the shape of the stamped tag.

I stamped the vintage postmarks (Just For Fun) with Versamark on a rust colored panel, and then edged the panel with the gold ink, direct from the pad. Then I layered two strips of black cs edged with the Brilliance gold ink over it as shown. I trimmed one end to a squared off point, folded it over and tacked it down with an antique copper brad. I tucked the torn-edge panel under this, and then stamped Journey (Rubber Stampede) in the bottom corner with black ink.

The rust panel is layered on a brown panel, and that's layered onto a flecked light brown panel.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Linda Carson said...

WOW! What a FAB card Nancy! Thanks for showing the awesome gold highlights. Also, that tip was priceless. I'll use it for sure.