Search This Blog

Pages

November 28, 2007

Evergreen Noel


Sorry about the crooked scan - I made this card last year and I don't have the card anymore or I'd rescan it straighter and larger so you could see more detail.

This is a very simple Christmas card, but the gold edging and embossing, which shows up much better in real life, makes it elegant.

Card measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"


I started by cutting a neutral piece of cs 4" x 5 1/4". I randomly stamped the pine cone (All Night Media) in brown ink, and then the pine needles (All Night Media) in Adirondack Pesto and Lettuce dye inks as shown.

I used the brown ink and a stipple brush to color in the pinecones. I wanted a soft look so I wasn't too worried about staying in the lines. I used some of the green around the edges near the needles.

I used embossing ink to stamp Noel (DeNami) in the center and embossed it with antique gold. I used a Krylon gold pen on the border, and adhered the panel to a matching green cardfront.

*tip*
When drawing a line, especially with any kind of marker, I use a metal cork-backed ruler. The cork keeps it from slipping, and also raises it enough that the marker doesn't bleed under the ruler's surface and onto your paper.
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Vivian said...

This card is so beautiful! You are so talented!

Linda Carson said...

Looks like a Hallmark except better!

Anonymous said...

I love the simple beauty of this card.