Search This Blog

Pages

November 29, 2007

Embossed Tree

Good morning! Here's a fun little tree that reminds me of a Dr.Seuss kind of Christmas :o)

These stamps are from Wood-n-Paper, Ink, and there's a 20% off total order sale going on right now! When checking out just enter this code to receive the discount: IB1207 Don't worry - she knows you're coming and is all set up for you to shop LOL Just click on the link on my side bar and it'll take you right there!


Card measures 8 1/2" x 4" and fits in a business envelope for regular mailing fees.

I started by stamping Christmas Tree #L187 on white cs, using clear embossing ink.

*tip*
I went thru a lot of embossing inks before I found one I fell in love with. Believe me, it can make all the difference in how much you enjoy embossing something! I use the pink pad by Rubber Stampede for Delta. It just says Embossing Ink Pad on the clear cover, and I believe I picked it up at a Micheal's.

I sprinkled a white embossing powder over my image, shook off all extra, and heated it with my heat gun. I picked up a large stippling/stencil brush with a rounded edge and pounced Stampin' Up!'s Old Olive over it as shown, leaving white at the edges. I would have followed the tree silhouette closer if I had had a smaller brush around.

Next I drew an even border in pencil on the reverse, about 1/4" in, and used a Fiskars embossing plate to place dots around the edges.

*tip*
If you run a scrap of wax paper over your cs before embossing, your stylus will work more smoothly, and resist tearing the paper.

I applied some self-adhesive gems to the tree (these are actually a pinkish cranberry irl) and then punched the corners as shown with a 1/2" circle punch. I adhered this panel to a cranberry one that I had also punched corners on, and then layered this to a green piece.

I stamped the sentiment in Stampin' Up!'s Cranberry Crisp and Old Olive on white cs, trimmed the corners, and layered in the same way.

For the pinkish bkgd I used a Distress wash (see CD case entry for this month for technique) in Aged Mahogany.

I adhered all layers, tying the ribbons on as shown.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Hurry, answer the phone! Mr. Hallmark is calling you again! (luv the poll too)

Donna said...

Love the previous comment! Really, your card creations are better than Hallmark.

Today's card is gorgeous, and I hope I can CASE it.

Donna
donnawb@embarqmail.com