Search This Blog

Pages

November 03, 2007

Acetate & Tissue Faux Post

Is anyone else a fan of the Canadian show Corner Gas? I've been catching episodes as I can - suits my dry sense of humor :o) I like Hank but Wanda is my favorite.

This is a card I made after receiving one with a similiar technique and realizing I had never tried it! It's generally referred to as acetate and tissue.


Here's how to make it:

Pick out a stamp with some open areas - I used Uptown's Dawn Houser design. Ink the stamp with Staz-on ink of your choice, and stamp it onto a piece of acetate.

*tip*


Don't drink any caffeinated beverages before the stamp session because it requires a stable hand to stamp on acetate as an inked up stamp will want to slide when it hits the surface. LOL The goal is to lower the rubber to the stamping surface, press firmly without letting it slide, and lift up. If you mess up, swipe quickly with an alcohol pad and sometimes that will clean it off and you can try again.


Let the image sit till it's dry, then flip acetate over to uninked side and apply about 5 nickle size dots of dimensional adhesive (I use Judi-kins Diamond Glaze, some others are Crystal Effects by Stampin' Up!, and 3-D Crystal Lacquer). You want to add just a drop or two of dye reinker to each circle of glue, one color per circle. Next, take your finger and spread the dots around, being careful not to mix the colors more than just around the bordering edges. (For this card I used SU Orchid Opulence, SU Almost Amethyst and Tsukineko Lilac and black Staz-On). If you want some sparkle, this is the time to sprinkle a little glitter, etc. onto the surface of the glue mix.

Crinkle a regular piece of white tissue paper and unfold without flattening totally. Lay this over the glue and press down lightly. If you finish and have a bare spot that's not sticking down you can add a smallish drop of glue and press down. Let this dry, flip over, and trim to size.

How it looks when layered depends on what color you mount the acetate/tissue piece on. I used a light lavender here, then black, then an orchid, then a purple piece that I stamped a script (A Stamp in the Hand - you'd think I own stock! LOL) on in Brilliance Platinum Planet and then trimmed with a stamp edge scissor. The colors didn't scan quite true but you get the idea ;o)

This style card is best seen in real life to fully enjoy it because it catches the light differently from every angle.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Ret said...

Love your artwork, Nancy! Love the colors & what a beautiful card.
thanks for sharing, I'll have to try this!
Smiles & stamps,
Ret