Search This Blog

Pages

November 19, 2007

3 Modern Grids

Happy Monday - hope your week is off to a good start :o)

These cards are simple and fun to put together. Almost any color or theme will work ,although not all at once! LOL (For full instructions and lots of samples see the TechniqueJunkies April 07 newsletter issue, Modern Grid.)

This format consists of three main components: a grid in any size, main images and accent coloring and/or doodling.

These cards are all standard A2 size. The first two are available for the drawing but the last one I sent out right after I made it in April, so it's not available.

For this flower card, I started with a Judi-kins flower cube and stamped them in a pleasing arrangement on my white cs panel using black ink. I colored them in with pencils, and highlighted the centers with a Sakura Gelly Roll sparkle pen. I drew in my grid using a Micron pen, stopping at each image edge, and then highlighted these lines with green pencil. I doodled with the Micron pen and shaded some squares with pencil.

*tip*
To get an evenly spaced grid, start by drawing a pencil line thru the center top to bottom and side to side. Use a C-thru ruler to get equal lines, or measure and divide (if you're feeling extra-smart >;o)

I stamped the phrase (Rubber Soul) on a white scrap with black ink, layered this onto green cs, and then onto black cs. I pop dotted this on the white panel and then layered this onto a black cs panel, and then onto a green cardfront.


For this shell card, I used a Kaleidocolor pad (Cappucchino Delight) for all the images. I doodled a bit and used a blender pen and the same ink to scribble in some squares.

I stamped the quote (PSX) in the same ink, drew a dotted line in the corners, mounted it on kraft and then pop-dotted it on the image panel. The main image was mounted on black cs and this was adhered to kraft colored cs.

This one is so fun I just had to show you! All images and words are by Paper Candy. All images are colored with pencils and it's hard to see but the chair legs, etc. are colored in with silver pen. There are three silver brads on the word tag.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen grids like these! I love them! They are so whimsical and cheery. Thank you for such clear directions, Nancy.

Linda Carson said...

More OUTSTANDING artwork! Love em all!

Digital said...

Looks like grids will be my next project--they're great! LOL Mom

Kimi said...

VERY cool technique and you do beautiful work! TFS