Search This Blog

Pages

November 14, 2007

1st Snow Family

Just got home not too long ago from my monthly card club. There are five of us that get together, visit and make cards. Each person brings their sample card and enough supplies for everyone to make the card, and we do a merry-go-round with the chairs, each card and supplies set up at a "station", plus one additional project, usually 3D. Lots of good visiting, although I have a painfully hard time talking and stamping at the same time ( or walking and chewing gum, etc.!) LOL


Card measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

This card is quick and easy to put together, and you can use the same format for any season or holiday by simply changing colors and main image.

First I stamped the snow family (PSX) on white cs using black Staz-On ink, and drew a line under them with a Micron finepoint pen. I colored the scene in with colored pencils, and used Brilliance Mediterranean Blue to stamp the snowflake cluster (Stampin' Up!) (I was going to have a blue cardfront initially LOL). Over this I stamped the phrase in black ink.

*tip*
Give your white snowmen a little dimension by shading one side top to bottom with a gray or blue pencil, starting dark and blending lighter towards the middle area.

I punched a large oval (Emagination Crafts Inc.) in a piece of red cs, then edged the opening and edges with black ink and a sponge. I stamped the snowflake cluster repeatedly with Brilliance Platinum Planet. I adhered the white scenic panel to the back of the red panel, then wrapped a ribbon around it and tied as shown, and then applied a silver snowflake brad nearby. This was adhered to a beautiful shimmery silver cardfront.

And now we just need some snow (ha HA - no thank you! I don't ski so I have no use for it LOL although the first snowfall is too beautiful to miss.)

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Too cute! These snowmen look so happy to be here! LET IT SNOW! It sure beats the 80 degrees we had yesterday!

Digital said...

This card is so refreshing--as is the first snowfall. The directions and hints make it seem possible to duplicate. LOL Mom

Anonymous said...

I love PSX stamps - our stamp club does the card party thing a few times a year...so much fun!