The new Technique Junkies newsletter is almost ready to go live! Here's a little sneak peek of one of my favorite techniques on it called Wet Stencil.
Card measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
STAMPS: I Brake For Stamps
INKS: Stampin' Up! Pacific Point, Versamark Watermark
SUPPLIES: exacto knife, Nestibilities oval, Cuttlebug, watercolor crayons, dome top adhesive backed gems, sheer blue ribbon, water mister, sparkle gel pen, stamp positioner, embossing powder - white, sponges, wall decor stencil
PAPER: vellum, SU Pacific Point, asst. blue cs, white cs
TECHNIQUES: Technique Junkies Wet Stencil 04/09
- Do Wet Stencil technique and let dry.
- Cut WS panel into oval shape using template or CB and die.
- Crumple vellum and tear into circle to fit behind oval panel, and adhere to it.
- On medium blue panel, measure rectangle and cut out as shown.
- Using sponge and blue ink edge this panel, including the 'window'.
- Stamp on side of the IBFS baroque frame on side of panel as shown using a stamp positioner to add enough to fill space evenly.
- Using second generation ink, stamp writing in lower right hand corner.
- On light blue panel, stamp starfish in versamark ink three times in the area where the window will lay over it, and emboss with white powder.
- Stamp the rest of this piece with the starfish and Versamark ink.
- Wrap a sheer ribbon around this panel, tying a knot towards the top and adding gems towards the bottom
- Stamp the verse on the oval panel using blue ink.
- Highlight the edges of the flourishes with sparkly gel pen.
- Layer the panels as shown.
Hope the rest of your day is good - it's very grey and cold here, but it's not flooding so I've got no complaints. If you are in the Red River area my thoughts and prayers are with you right now.