Search This Blog

Pages

December 11, 2008

Birds Arch

You know how I love using everyday items for my cards sometimes - this time it's the daily news :o) Not archival but it's just a card LOL
I was totally inspired to make this card after oogling Shelly Hickox's card in the current TJ newsletter. Although I still like hers much better I had fun making this...
(Click for more detail)


TECHNIQUE: Burnt Edges, Technique Junkies 02/07 newsletter

STAMPS: all I Brake For Stamps, a mix of the new Birds sheet, Foliage sheet and the Time To Stamp birds sheet

INKS: Distress Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Walnut Stain, Staz-On Jet Black

SUPPLIES: grosgrain ribbon, large flat top metal brad, newspaper, sponges

NOTES: the Staz-On works great for stamping the brads, but if you screw up and take the ink off with Staz-On cleaner it can remove the antique gold finish too LOL ~ I freehand cut the arch from newspaper after drawing it with pencil, then sponged it with Antique Linen ~ to age the large piece of newspaper I rubbed the Antique Linen on a non-stick pad, laid the paper on it and brayered over it to transfer the ink ~ for the cardfront I used the two darker Distress inks and just applied them lightly direct to paper from the pads

Thanks for checking in - have a great day!

3 comments:

Manna said...

Beautiful card, as always, Nancy! I love the earth tone and this card has it all :)

Linda Carson said...

BRILLIANT!!

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card - love the rich colors.