Search This Blog

Pages

November 20, 2008

Color Blocking Poinsetta

Another day, another card!

This card features a VERY early technique from the Technique Junkies newsletter archives. From the first ever issue, Oct 2002, this one is the Color Blocking technique.

(click photo for more detail -sorry the dark stamped lines are a little fuzzy, my scanner had a hard time with how high I pop-dotted the flower LOL)

(card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

STAMPS: I Brake For Stamps half-sheet #RB013, which is on the Specials page right now!!

INKS: Staz-On - Timber Brown, Distress - Antique Linen, Signa Uniball white gel pen

SUPPLIES: colored pencils, paper flower and leaves - Making Memories Christmas Blossoms, off-white large brad, pop-dots, sponges

TECHNIQUE: Technique Junkies Color Blocking Oct 02 (modified by stamping the same image on each panel before adhering to bkgd)

NOTES: word panel and flower are pop-dotted ~ word panel and colored panels were edged with Antique Linen and sponge ~ word panel and paper flower were edged with Timber Brown also

TIPS: use a Q-tip to edge small areas like the flower petals ~ this technique works well with 3 variations in the same color family for the extra blocks

Just a note - the new Technique Junkies newsletter comes out at the end of this month and if you go to Pat's TJ site and place an order or renew, you'll get it!! Having previewed this one I can tell you: it's a hot one!!! I have already picked out a couple techniques from it to make it onto my all-time favorites list for their ease of doing and their wow factor. Can't wait to show you a teaser card - should be able to right around Thanksgiving, if not sooner!

4 comments:

Manna said...

This is beautiful, girlfriend! Never tried colour blocking. I don't think I will be good at it.

Orion Designs said...

What a wonderful card! I love revisiting the older newsletters -- there are some really great and timeless techniques to be found there.
Vicki

Leigh said...

I absolutely adore this card. It's so beautiful. The colours are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Connie Fossenier said...

I really love this card nancy...and such dimension and depth with the color blocking...
I see shimmer on my screen.
connie paxman