Search This Blog

Pages

July 01, 2008

Using a New-to-Me Stamp

A friend saw me oogling this birdcage stamp (Hero Arts - Bird in Cage) in a store the other day and generously offered to sell me her's cheap since it didn't work out for her project as planned (thanks Cheri!)

This is also my first attempt at using my Nestibilities die to get an embossed border. I wasn't sure how till I saw the You/U Tube tutorial on it.


Click photo for detail of background panel

Card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"



forgot to include the Cuttlebug tag die here


I wanted to use a background piece I made using the Technique Junkie AI Float technique. It provides a super-easy marbled paper look - but unfortunately I ended up covering most of it!

It's hard to see but the light layers are a pale blue cs, and the dark is cocoa.

I started by cutting the white rectangle using the Spellbinder's Nestibilities die shown, and then embossing the border with the same die. I stamped the birdcage in the center, THEN, another cool feature of these dies - I laid the die over the panel (it covered the border outside the embossed line) and stippled Stampin' Up!'s Pretty in Pink around the edges.

I layered this panel to a black panel, and then to a brown panel I had trimmed with a scalloped edge scissor. This was then layered to a pale blue panel.

I ran a piece of the brown cs thru my Cuttlebug using a Fiskars texture plate ( I think the layering was Plate A, texture plate, cardstock, thin rubber sheet from Menard's plumbing section ;o) a few pieces of scrap cardstock, and Plate B.) This was layered onto a pale blue cardfront.

I stamped Background Text - Thin (A Stamp in the Hand) on my AI Float panel and layered this to a blue panel. I wrapped this panel with stretchy ribbed ribbon from SU.

I layered the panels to the cardfront, tucking half a pink fabric flower under as shown (look Juli! this makes it one whole flower I've actually used now from the 3 M scrapbook show 2 years ago!! LOL) The main panel is pop-dotted and so is the little tag (cut using the Cuttlebug and a die from the "Tiny Tags" set and stamped with black Staz-On and what I believe is a Hero Arts stamp).

I used a few self-adhesive flat-backed pink rhinestones which are brighter irl to highlight the flower center and balance the lower left corner.

Thanks for stopping in! :o)



5 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Nancy this is just beautiful. You did a fantacstic job on the layout and your nesties look fabulous...

ohradiogirl said...

Very nice card. I like the color combination.

Terri said...

Very pretty. Love the softness of the pink. You did a great job with embossing embossing with the nesties too. I really like the stippled effect.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a great card! And I love the birdcage - just gorgeous.

Helen, Cape Town

Unknown said...

Pretty card, Nancy! Nice colour combo!