Search This Blog

Pages

May 04, 2008

Wildflower Filmstrip

Hi! It's been awhile since I've had a chance to make any finished artwork to post. It's our really busy work season, and I've been spending most of my spare time stamping up some sample cards for the next Technique Junkie newsletter coming out the first part of June.

The filmstrip portion of the card below was inspired by a card in the Dec/Jan 08 Stamper's Sampler (pg. 8). It featured a purchased black and white filmstrip panel with flower heads in grey tones. The color scheme was pinks and green, but I wanted to do more of a sunset look.


Click for photo for more detail


Card measures 8 1/2" x 3 5/8"

I stamped the filmstrip (Judi-Kins) in black Staz-On ink on white cardstock. I used Post-It's to block off each section and then stamped portions of the stamp below (Endless Creations) using the same black ink.



I left the masking on the top and bottom of the filmstrip and stippled Adirondack inks on - Caramel on the base, Ginger in the middle and Raisin on the top. I trimmed the raw edges off and mounted this to a white cs strip, then to a black one with distressed edges.

For the background I stamped the flower heads (Just For Fun) using VersaMagic Cloud White and the vine with leaves (Printworks) with the Ginger ink.

I mounted the filmstrip panel as shown, and stamped the sentiment (unknown) in the black ink on the background. I mounted this to white, and then black cs.

Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Breathtakingly beautiful! Wow, this is so worth the wait to see your work! Thanks also for my goodies!

Pat Huntoon said...

That is just beautiful, Nancy. Love the wildflowers and that is one of my favorite stamps, too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Nancy! I've missed your posts...but I guess hardly anyone is posting anything! lol

Evelyn

Anonymous said...

So, where was I the beginning of May...I can't believe I missed this exquisite card. Thanks, Nancy, for pointing me in the right direction!