Search This Blog

Pages

April 06, 2008

Rejoice, flowers coming soon!

Woohoo! The tulips and whatnot are starting to pop up in our yard and it's raining today. Every spring I am awestruck by God's miracle of green plants, especially the perennials. I've been reading Genesis and it's an amazing book for so many reasons, but one thing that really sticks out in my mind today is the rainbow covenant. Lest we think God is far removed, check this out:

"Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life."

~ Genesis 9: 14,15

Wow -when we're looking at that gorgeous display of color, God is remembering too. That just takes my breath away.

Okay, here's a card I made last night. Might as well click on the photo right now LOL because the background is one that is so soft it really needs to be viewed close up...



Click photo for more detail


Card measures 5" square

I was browsing some of my favorite blogs and stuff late last night just before bed, and was so taken with the idea on Pamela's site I just had to try it immediately! LOL Plus I had a sheet of tired transparency on my desk from a clean-up session, and a stack of pinwheel pigment ink pads I haven't used in literally a year!!

Here's what I did: rubbed two colors of the pigment ink on the transparency, flipped it over onto my white cardstock, and used a rub-on tool to transfer ink randomly from the transparency to the cs. I kept repeating this process to build up the color till I was happy with the look.

I stamped the flower grouping (A Stamp in the Hand) using Versafine Black ink onto this background piece. I tore the edges as shown, and layered it onto black cs.

For the patterned background, I used a sponge to rub the pigment ink into another piece of white cs, starting with the dark color at the base, the lighter at the top, and blending them in the middle. No need to do the center - it doesn't show and only wastes ink and elbow grease LOL I overstamped this piece with the dark ink on a word collage stamp by Paper Inspirations called Faith Hope Love.

I layered the black piece to this, wrapped a piece of torn vellum around as shown, folding both ends over and adhering them to the back, and then stamped it with the darkest ink using a Stampin' Up! word from the Graceful Words (2006) set. Normally I probably should have embossed this but the combination of the drier ink and absorbant vellum allowed it to soak in and dry alright.

My last step was to add the coordinating brads and adhere to similiar colored cs.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is very pretty, Nancy! I so love the stamp image! Thanks for the new tech.

Linda Carson said...

Quite STUNNING! I love the stamps you chose!