BUT, I do have some great tips for you! I had the thrill of going to a used stamp sale on Saturday (love finding images I didn't buy when they came out and have grown to love seeing others using them, and seeing other stampers I don't bump into very often but like very much :o) Also picked up a couple new embellishments at a stamp store on Friday, all of which brought these tips I like to use to mind.
- When you get home with embellishments, put them in a basket on or near your stamping surface so you remember to use the new and trendy while it's current.
- Attach the receipts to the items in case you realize you made a spur-of-the-moment purchase that's going to turn into a oops, shouldn't have thrown that in my cart! LOL
- Go thru the basket about once a month and return/exchange/give away what you know you won't use, and put away the rest into categories amongst your stash.
- Stamp your new stamps into an index and toss into the "hot new items" basket so you remember to play with them.
- If I get a new stamp image that I have an idea of how to use with other stamps I already have, I use a large blank index card and black ink to stamp them out in the vague format while I'm thinking about it.
- If a stamp is a gift, like my cool new Eiffel tower tip-top-view stamp from my stampin' friend Cheri (a recent out-of-state-vacation score :o), I like to jot a note about that in my index.