Search This Blog

Pages

March 11, 2008

Stamping Stuff Tips

Hi! I desperately wish I had a fresh card to share with you, but I've not been able to stamp a card in the last couple days.

BUT, I do have some great tips for you! I had the thrill of going to a used stamp sale on Saturday (love finding images I didn't buy when they came out and have grown to love seeing others using them, and seeing other stampers I don't bump into very often but like very much :o) Also picked up a couple new embellishments at a stamp store on Friday, all of which brought these tips I like to use to mind.

  1. When you get home with embellishments, put them in a basket on or near your stamping surface so you remember to use the new and trendy while it's current.

  2. Attach the receipts to the items in case you realize you made a spur-of-the-moment purchase that's going to turn into a oops, shouldn't have thrown that in my cart! LOL

  3. Go thru the basket about once a month and return/exchange/give away what you know you won't use, and put away the rest into categories amongst your stash.

  4. Stamp your new stamps into an index and toss into the "hot new items" basket so you remember to play with them.

  5. If I get a new stamp image that I have an idea of how to use with other stamps I already have, I use a large blank index card and black ink to stamp them out in the vague format while I'm thinking about it.

  6. If a stamp is a gift, like my cool new Eiffel tower tip-top-view stamp from my stampin' friend Cheri (a recent out-of-state-vacation score :o), I like to jot a note about that in my index.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment - I'll add more if I think of something later LOL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this! Love your new signature, Nancy!