Search This Blog

Pages

February 04, 2008

Magic Pattern Chair

Hope your week is off to a good start!

This card features a TechniqueJunkies technique from the current newsletter (Feb 08) called Magic Pattern.

Card measures 6 1/2" x 5"

The white base card is stamped and edged in Staz-On Timber Brown ink. The stamp is a building cross-section blueprint image from Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers, which is now out of business but some of their stuff can be found at StampFrancisco.

For the main image I used a chair by Eat Cake Graphics. My paper had warped quite a bit and didn't want to flatten even after sitting under a VERY impressive stack of stamping magazines LOL so... I held the image up to a window, used a pencil to trace the chair, and then used a rolling ball embosser on a mouse pad to make the image stick out even further. When I mounted the main image panel to the wine panel I put pop-dots under the chair area, and double-stick tape on the rest. IRL there are no grey areas on the chair - these are slight shadows.

The colors on the panel are subtle and look fine IRL but if I had it to do over I would have made the background a bit darker. To help it stand out more I edged it with a sponge and Stampin' Up!'s Bordering Blue.

For the sentiment panel, I stamped the phrase (Rubbernecker) in Adirondack Cranberry, and then used a stipple brush to add some to the edges. After this had dried, I stamped the house (100 Proof Press) once on scrap paper in Bordering Blue, then over the words. I adhered this to a wine panel, and added irred. blue brads to the corners.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great card, Nanacy! Love the sentiment!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

How Awesome. This looks so gorgeous (and makes me SO excited that I have that chair stamp.) Your colours are SO pretty! I have a tutorial to my magic pattern technique if you want to link to it:


:0) Mel

http://melstampz.blogspot.com/2007/12/magic-pattern-bella-tutorial.html

or http://melstampz.blogspot.com/